These days, everyone is juggling a full load. Job, kids, school, friends – life is busy. If you’re anything like me, you are putting on your makeup while balancing a one year old on your hip and telling the six year old (for the 10th time) to please put on his socks and hoping the oatmeal on the stove isn’t burning the bottom of the pot because that is a pain in the butt to scrape off.
When I worked in retail makeup, I think the number one question that clients asked me was, “What can I do to look good quickly?” The answer is, CHEAT. Choose the right basic, multitasking products and with 6 easy steps, you can be out the door in less than 5 minutes.
- Always serum, moisturize and eye cream. The 30 seconds you spend treating your skin will save you a lot of time “correcting” with makeup.
- Use a tinted moisturizer. Most of these lightweight formulas can be applied quickly with your fingers and can be built on to achieve a moderate coverage. If under eye darkness is also a concern, use an under eye concealer pen to instantly brighten the area and blend it out with your fingers.
- Choose a cream blush that can also double as a lip colour. Creams go on easily and you can choose to use the colour as a sheer wash or to build with it to emphasize the cheeks, lips, or both.
- Set your liquids and creams with a translucent setting powder. A super quick step to give your look extra staying-power.
- CURL YOUR EYELASHES. This is a step that should never be skipped. Even if you forego all other makeup. Your eyelash curler is your best friend. Use it.
- Finally mascara. And you are done.
(Image Source: http://www.someecards.com)